April 05, 2010

All You Need is...

I would start my blog off talking about love. My fave.
The topic always challenges me. The word speaks volumes. Is bigger than Mountains. Whats bigger than mountains? Earth. What's bigger than Earth? The universe. What's bigger than the universe? Love.
I lost my grandmother this past week, and there's nothing like death to bring out love. (Leave it to death to complete our life). It's times like these - at funerals and during mourning - that we think about how great these people in our lives are, and when we really feel the love for that person. My grandmother and I weren't close. I was number 19 of 19 grandchildren, and only saw her on holidays. Not only until did she move into a home quite close to where I started going to school did I visit her more than twice a year. But this week, being surrounded by the large family that I am a part of and all being gathered because of this wonderful mother of 8 did I feel the love. Coming from every person's insides. All gathered. All thinking of good memories, sharing stories, saying goodbye. Saying goodbye, remembering, and sharing. Sharing the love. Passing it on.
Standing in that church, I was overwhelmed, and not because of her death (she was in her 99th year and it was not a shock), but because of the love that surrounded her. The love that was created because of her love. All products of love. A never ending cycle of love. And 50+ family members that did not have one bad thing to say. I cried not out of sadness but of an overwhelming wave of care. family. That's what it's all about, really.

A never ending cycle of love.

"Enjoy your life" - Gramma: Sept 23, 1911 - March 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment