June 21, 2010

Take the Long Way Home


So, I'm back.

Back to the place I've been before - The place that I will forever call home.

I was so set on staying away from this place for a long as I could while I was still in school, but when it came down to it, I've found that it isn't so bad. There are good times, good friends here. There is a clean house. There is an (awesome) backyard here. There is unlimited wine here. There is a secure job and a steady paycheck here. There are homecooked meals and already bought groceries here. Best of all, there is water here. Lots of it.

I will forever love living near the lake. I miss the sounds and the smells and the feeling of the beach. Even though it is so close to my house, I feel like there is nothing around when I'm hanging out at the beach. Just water and rocks. And beers and weed if you plan your stroll down to the water correctly. Just great.

The feeligs that I love about Waterloo will always be there too, and I will rediscover them when it's time to go back.


It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment